Thursday, February 11, 2010

One Year Surgiversary!


Tomorrow will be my one year surgiversary.

I cannot believe a whole year has passed! I am nowhere near where I expected to be one year post-op but I can say I am 30 lb lighter than I was a year ago (I had been down 35 but my not so bandster behaviour in Hawaii made 5 lb take up residence on my hips again!) and I am about 40 lb down from my highest weight. I have went from a 32 (5X) to a 24 (3X).

I did not reach proper restriction until eleven months post-op so this could be part of the reason I am a slower loser. I have no foods that my band dislikes. I can eat gluten-free pizza, bread, pasta, cookies, rice without problems and even had a rum and coke (after I stirred the hell out of it) last week!

I have not been going to the gym as often as I had pre-op and need to get into a routine of going more often. Since I have more energy I am trying new activities. I learned that tobogganing is a lot more uncomfortable when you are older and that hula dancing is harder than it looks!

Even though I am nowhere close to the one year goal I had set out for myself I am still further ahead than I was pre-band. I have decided that I am fine with losing extremely slowly since the pounds are gone FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment